Date:      Sat, 3 Aug 1996 12:50:54 +1000 (EST)
From:      darnison@albury.net.au (Don Arnison)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        pglasson@orac.albury.net.au, rossw@albury.net.au
Subject:   Sessions Staying Active When modem Drops Out

We are setting up a FreeBSD secondary domain name server, to support up to
three dial-in users. If user logs on to an account which has ppp -direct as
the initial program, everything is OK. When the session is terminated, the
account logs out as we would expect it to.

If a user logs on who has a shell, if they hang up before logging out the
session remains active, and the next user who logs in picks up their session.

Naturally, we would like to avoid this happening. Can you suggest any options?

Regards,

Don