Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 1996 10:13:58 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        bminazzi@w3page.com (Blaine Minazzi)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Virtual FTP with FreeBSD

> Does anyone have wu-ftpd 2.4.2 Beta 11 ( or just the patches )
> to do "Virtual FTP" on FreeBSD 2.1 Release working?

I used wu2.4 plus the patch plus a local hack or two that should not
matter and it works for me.  See ftp.gmttech.com/ftp.marketingimages.com,
which are on the same machine.

> It seems to compile just fine, and work in the "normal"
> manner just fine. I would like anonymous ftp to  domain1.com
> go to a different directory than an anonymous ftp to domain2.com...
>
> I have read the FAQ, but it does not cover the virtual ftp at all.
>
> If there is another FAQ, or a howto, Please point me in the right
> direction.
>
> I would appreciate something more than, "apply the patches, compile,
> add this line to the ftpaccess file..." That comes with it.

Well, it wasn't really much harder than that (assuming that you know how to
set up wuftpd to begin with.)

Have you set up wuftpd before?  It's just a good place to start solving your
problem.

... JG