Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 1996 10:12:35 +1200
From:      C.R.Harding@massey.ac.nz (Craig Harding)
To:        Jason Wilson <jasonw@glycerine.mulberry.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: INN

At 12:43 PM 8/15/96, Jason Wilson wrote:

>It starts at around 2MB, goes upto about 8MB within an hour or so, then
>sits at around 11MB thereafter.  I haven't really put it to any use other
>than one incoming feed (ie. there's no nnrp clients yet) due to the
>performance problems.  As for swap though it sits quite low.  The ram
>will go from (24MB current) to 64MB after this issue is resolved.  The
>only time I see any real performance is in the first minute before any
>incoming feeds start.

Sorry, I think I'm stumped now. I've never encountered anything like this in
INN, the swap thing was the one idea I had. From what you say above, do you
mean that INN's performance gradually slows down over that 15-30minutes, or
does it stop suddenly? What do the ends of your news log files say when it
stops? Are any other networking subsystems on your server affected?

                                                -- C.
--
Craig Harding            Editor, Massey University Television Production Centre
     "I don't know about God, I just think we're handmade" - Polly