Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 1996 22:27:02 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org, dchapes@zeus.leitch.com
Cc:        davidg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel vm_page_alloc_contig() can indirectly cause kernel page faults

I reported this panic last summer when I started writing the Meteor driver.
THe work around I used wast to start the allocation starting at the
first Meg mark, at that time I speculated it was treating the low memory
and the first meg as being contiguous even though there is a memory
hole between them. Starting contiguous allocation at/after the first
meg never caused anymore panics, so I left it at that.

--mark.