Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 1996 00:29:23 -0700
From:      Josh MacDonald <jmacd@CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gimp port

On the gimp port:

Its really kind of pointless to go messing around with getting the
0.54 to work, the new version in beta at
ftp://xcf.berkeley.edu/pub/gimp/developers is much more complete,
and doesn't require motif, and there's no way the authors (with
whom I'm fairly close friends) are going to maintain or answer
questions about.  I've contributed some code to their new widget
toolkit and as such can guarantee that it compiles out of the box
on FreeBSD.

On the current topic, they have reworked the gimprc code which was
really stupid in 0.54.

-josh