Date:      Sun, 01 Sep 1996 15:10:36 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.DIALix.COM>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org (Justin T. Gibbs), freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Putting the "experimental" SCSI system on a branch

J Wunsch wrote:
> As Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
>
> > >Did you consider putting your changes on a CVS branch in
> > >-current ? This would GREATLY reduce the amount of work
> > >it takes me to have a development source tree ..
>
> > I hadn't thought much about this, but it would certainly allow
> > others to contribute to this revamp.  Peter, how hard would it
> > be to set this up?
>
> I think all you need to do is to run easy-import on them, specify an
> existing module name (sys_scsi), and perform a vendor-branch import.

No, this is something completely different.....  This will put it on the
VENDOR branch for merging into HEAD.  It will be generally inaccessable to
the users.  Any new files will appear on the HEAD revision.

If you really want to do it this way, it's done by branching the kernel
and putting your files in there.  When people do an 'cvs update -r
branchtag' they will no longer see changes in -current and only the new
scsi system.

Cheers,
-Peter