Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 1996 10:41:00 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Alexey Pialkin <pialkin@abel.pdmi.ras.ru>
To:        ache@nagual.ru (=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=)
Cc:        spblug@tsctube.spb.su, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATAPI patch

> >  I made some small ATAPI patch for FreeBSD 2.1.5 - it solves my problems with
> >  Panasonic 572B & GoldStar GCD-R542 CDROM's. I hope it will help somone to.
> >  This patch trying to solve IMHO to very common problems with ATAPI cdrom's -
> >  unknown phase problem & to slow report on commands.
> >
> >  (it's rather hack then patch - but it will help somebody as help me.... :)
> >  Any comments ?
>
> Are you shure that _all_ those delays are neccessary?
> Could you try to remove some of them, one by one?

I don't sure about anything :) For example - my Panasonic 572B doesn't need
any delays at all.But GoldStar does.So i don't realy know which one are
neccessary and which not :(
 Also IMHO this delays will not make things worse - may be they will help
someone ...
 But if you whant to probably profile this patch - you can try to delete all
DELAYs that are not in atapi_probe().

Alexey Pialkin