Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 1996 22:29:33 +0200
From:      roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New collection for ports - perl ?

According to James FitzGibbon:
> perl5 includes an imake-like tool called MakeMaker, so porting them is a
> piece of cake.  Once installed, they even include a packing list, making
> the generation of pkg/PLIST a simple task.

I'm not sure it is interesting as it would duplicate something already
present in the Perl mechanisms (MakeMaker and al) and would only be a
wrapper around

perl Makefile.PL
make
make test
make install

I don't think it is worth the bother. There is no need to port anything
because everything has already been done when you installed Perl itself in
term of system dependencies.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #23: Sun Sep 29 14:56:23 MET DST 1996