Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 1996 00:11:50 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jake Dias <jake@said.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   3Com PCI 3c590 Defective Message.  ENOUGH!

Hello,

Re: vx0 driver

I see that many people have asked about the possibly spurious
error message which claims that virtually all PCI 3c590 cards are defective.

Someone suggested that only a small number of early cards _really_ had this
problem so the test can be removed and further that really the test is
wrong anyway.

This message still appears in -current for my 3c590.  I would
like some kind soul to help determine whether I really have a
defective ROM version or whether someone with commit perms could/should
simply remove that test.

What's the deal with 3c590's?

Thanks and regards,
Jake Dias