Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 1996 03:59:45 +0900
From:      Masafumi NAKANE/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQ2Y6LDJtSjgbKEI=?= <max@wide.ad.jp>
To:        jdp@polstra.com
Cc:        max@wide.ad.jp, current@freefall.freebsd.org

Hi,

Thanks John for precise description.  However, it seems gdb is doing
no good.

gdb /usr/local/bin/kaffe
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for
details.
GDB 4.13 (i386-unknown-freebsd),
Copyright 1994 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/kaffe

Program terminated with signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
The program no longer exists.
You can't do that without a process to debug
(gdb) info registers
The program has no registers now.
(gdb) where
No stack.
(gdb) quit

If I'm doing anything wrong, please let me know.  (I use gdb only
occasionally.)

Although I have no idea if these would give you any interesting info,
I also tried some other things.

1. Set a breakpoint at main() and ran the program:

It died even before entering main().

2. Ktrace'd the execution:

I don't know which peace of info can be useful, but I found that the
program dies after mmap call which occurs several steps after reading
and mmapping libc.so.3.0.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to solve this
problem.  (I sure wish I were knowledgeable enough to hack things away
myself.)

Max