Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 1996 18:32:13 -0400
From:      TURLOUGH FITZPatric <106154.3334@compuserve.com>
To:        freebsd <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SoundCard Error

Hi There,

I am just getting to grips with Freebsd 2.1R but, as with every device, I
seam to be stumped at every turn I take. Right now I am trying to get the
soundcard fixed up. It is one of these Roland compatible units so int the
config file I have:
device mpu0 at isa? port 0x330 irq 5 drq 0
and so on. I checked the dmesg to find that it was picked up, great.
Then I try    cat chime.au /dev/audio   but it doesnt work(I also tried
using xcd).
It does give an error:
SoundCard Error:The soundcard  haas not been configured.

How do I configure it. I cant seam to track anyhting down that would
indicate what to do.

I'd appreciate any hints in what to do.
Thanks,
turlough