Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 1996 07:38:13 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        fenner@parc.xerox.com, j@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        cvs-all@freefall.freebsd.org, CVS-committers@freefall.freebsd.org, cvs-sbin@freefall.freebsd.org, joerg@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sbin/savecore savecore.c

>> Sorry, I thought I had made sure that everything was in K.  Unless I
>> missed something, the patch in the PR causes minfree to be specified in
>> bytes, which is not what the man page says.
>
>Yep, the patch in the PR broke with the tradition.  My own (not
>committed) version also used byte values for everything (with
>`dumpsize' also enlarged to off_t), to avoid the implicit truncation

I think the committed version has some rounding problems from not using
bytes for everything and rounding up as late as possible.  However,
writing the last K is unlikely to work anyway because statfs can't
report the exact amount free in advance (it can't know how many
indirect blocks there will be in advance).  Thus setting minfree to
0 is bogus.

Bruce