Date:      Sat, 9 Nov 1996 16:59:40 -0500
From:      Howard Goldstein <hgoldste@mpcs.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Best mount options, tunefs for newsserver

Trying to tweak the newsserver here.  I have the slices that are
hammered all mounted async (are they really working async?  is there a
way to tell?).  Any other useful mount options for a local fs?

For further performance improvements the tunefs (8) hints that a space
optimized fs costs a lot.  My messages log shows /kernel keeps
changing the tuning of the news spool, although for the last two days
it's kept it on space optimized.  I shouldn't really care much about
avoiding fragmentation on my frequently rm'd newsspool [should I...?]
and would like to save the expense.  What's the best way to use tunefs
in this service? Any preferred options here?