Date:      Sun, 10 Nov 1996 21:26:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs>
To:        CVS-committers, cvs-all, cvs-sys
Subject:   cvs commit:  src/sys/dev/aic7xxx aic7xxx.seq aic7xxx_reg.h src/sys/i386/conf LINT src/sys/i386/eisa aic7770.c src/sys/i386/scsi aic7xxx.c aic7xxx.h src/sys/pci aic7870.c

gibbs       96/11/10 21:26:15

  Modified:    sys/dev/aic7xxx  aic7xxx.seq aic7xxx_reg.h
  Log:
  Fix two problems with SCB Paging.

  1) get_free_or_disc_scb was not being passed its argument correctly
     in one case

  2) Add protection in the form of the QOUTQCNT variable to prevent
     overflowing the QOUTFIFO.

  This should make SCB Paging work.  Really, I mean it now. 8-)

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.48      +23 -34    src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aic7xxx.seq
  1.16      +6 -2      src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aic7xxx_reg.h

  Modified:    sys/i386/conf  LINT
  Log:
  Add the AHC_FORCE_PIO option.
  Update comment on AHC_SCBPAGING_ENABLE since I think it works now.

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.289     +8 -4      src/sys/i386/conf/LINT

  Modified:    sys/i386/eisa  aic7770.c
  Log:
  Clean up the memory mapped/Programmed I/O stuff so that the driver completely
  uses one or the other.  This required some changes to the ahc_reset()
  function, and how early the probes had to allocate their softc.

  Turn the AHC_IN/OUT* macros into inline functions and lowercase their names
  to indicate this change.  Geting AHC_OUTSB to work as a macro doing
  conditional memory mapped I/O would have been too gross.

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.35      +22 -16    src/sys/i386/eisa/aic7770.c

  Modified:    sys/i386/scsi  aic7xxx.c aic7xxx.h
  Log:
  Clean up the memory mapped/Programmed I/O stuff so that the driver completely
  uses one or the other.  This required some changes to the ahc_reset()
  function, and how early the probes had to allocate their softc.

  Turn the AHC_IN/OUT* macros into inline functions and lowercase their names
  to indicate this change.  Geting AHC_OUTSB to work as a macro doing
  conditional memory mapped I/O would have been too gross.

  Stop setting STPWEN in the main driver and let the PCI front end do it
  instead.  It knows better.

  Add the clearing of the QOUTQCNT variable during command complete processing
  in the SCB paging case.

  This is really a kludge, but the code to handle it properly is on the SCSI
  branch and will not make it into 2.2.

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.85      +276 -279  src/sys/i386/scsi/aic7xxx.c
  1.33      +61 -23    src/sys/i386/scsi/aic7xxx.h

  Modified:    sys/pci   aic7870.c
  Log:
  Clean up the memory mapped/Programmed I/O stuff so that the driver completely
  uses one or the other.  This required some changes to the ahc_reset()
  function, and how early the probes had to allocate their softc.

  Turn the AHC_IN/OUT* macros into inline functions and lowercase their names
  to indicate this change.  Geting AHC_OUTSB to work as a macro doing
  conditional memory mapped I/O would have been too gross.

  Be smart about the STPWEN control bit in SCFRCTL1.  It should only be set
  if the low byte of the bus is to be terminated.  We figure this out either
  by "caching" the value left over from the BIOS setup before we reset the card
  or by using the values stored in the seeprom if it is availible.

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.43      +73 -69    src/sys/pci/aic7870.c