Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 1996 23:53:58 +0100
From:      Tor Egge <Tor.Egge@idt.ntnu.no>
To:        smp@csn.net
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can test again...

> >- Interrupts are lost. e.g. rtc stopped generating interrupts due
> >  to a lost interrupt.
>
> I wouldn't expect this on a NON APIC_IO kernel, but who knows???

It also happens under some circumstances in the normal -current branch :-(

[ discussion about problems wrt. SMP-kernel with option APIC_IO not booting
  deleted ]

> Is there anything in the BIOS that looks like it might affect this behavior?

Yes. The MPS 1.4 enable switch in the BIOS was disabled. Enabling it helped,
and I'm currently running the SMP kernel with option APIC_IO as I write this.

As expected, not having APIC_LAZY defined immediately caused lost interrupts
when a new interrupt arrives before the interrupt is reenabled.

- Tor Egge