Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 1996 13:17:49 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley216.res.iastate.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vm_page_alloc(ZERO): missing pages...

Hi,

> I'm not sure exactly what this means, but I get the following messages with
> the current SMP kernel.  This is with APIC_IO and APIC_LAZY defined..
>
> vm_page_alloc(ZERO): missing pages on cache queue: 4
> vm_page_alloc(ZERO): missing pages on cache queue: 3
> vm_page_alloc(ZERO): missing pages on cache queue: 1
> vm_page_alloc(NORMAL): missing pages on cache queue: 1
> vm_page_alloc(ZERO): missing pages on cache queue: 4
> vm_page_alloc(ZERO): missing pages on cache queue: 1
> vm_page_alloc(ZERO): missing pages on cache queue: 1

I've never seen this, but have only been running APIC_LAZY since the
bug fix of last nite (approx 16 hours).

We are both running the same MB and disk controller: GA586DX/7880 (true?)

Have you ever seen this b4, ie without APIC_LAZY defined?
When does it happen, at boot, or continually?

Any vm experts out there who can give a generic description of this error,
or what might cause it?

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD