Date:      Thu, 05 Dec 1996 00:32:58 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.dialix.com>
To:        Erich Boleyn <erich@uruk.org>
Cc:        Terje Normann Marthinussen <Terje.N.Marthinussen@cc.uit.no>, smp@csn.net, smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Crashing on activating other CPUs

Erich Boleyn wrote:

> Terje Normann Marthinussen <Terje.N.Marthinussen@cc.uit.no> writes:
>
> > cpunumber = 0
> > instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xf010d65b
> > stack pointer           = 0x10:0xefbfff68
> > frame pointer           = 0x10:0xefbfff6c
> > code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
> >                         = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
> > processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, IOPL = 0
> > current process         = 6 (cpuidle1)
> > interrupt mask          =
> > kernel: type 29 trap, code=0

> The "type 29 trap" is the IPI used for SMP invalidates, I believe.

We use ICU_OFFSET + 27 in the idt, so if anything it should be at vector
59.  ICU_OFFSET is 32, so irq0 corresponds to idt slot #32.  Entries 0-31
are partially defined by Intel and those that are not defined are reserved.

Oh, wait a minute..  The IDT table is initialised with pointers to the
"rsvd" handler which generates a #29 trap..  Did somebody mention not
running with APIC_IO?  SMP_INVLTLB is totally dependent on APIC_IO.

Cheers,
-Peter