Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 1996 00:34:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Brian T. Schellenberger - Personal Account" <babbleon@mercury.interpath.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hardware)
Subject:   Zip II: the disktab entry

Ok, cool.  Thanks to a couple of fine folks on this list, I now have
my zip drive working w/r/t msdos mounting and raw device usage.  Now,
I'd like to create "real" filesystems on Zip drives, but I don't have
a disktab entry for it.

PS:  It's slow as a dog, or so it seems to me, and, worse yet, it seems
to make my system really sluggish.  Has anybody spent time tuning it?
I'm on a 486Dx4-100 with a fast parallel port, so I'd expect my system
to pretty much be able to keep up if the Zip drive can.

PPS: I'm unclear on the distinction between /dev/rsd0 and /dev/rsd0c
(or /dev/rfd0 vs. /dev/rfd0c for that matter).  I use the former as
a rule but much of the doc favors the latter.  Can anybody clue me in?

PPPS: Anybody noticed stray irq 7's with the zip driver?  I keep getting
console messages about this from the kernel.

PPPPS: For any of these, if you point me to TFM, I'll be happy to RTFM.
Thanks.

--
Brian T. Schellenberger, the Man from Babble-On.

"Someday I'll get around to importing all the cool quotes from my other
account's .sig files."      http://mercury.interpath.com/~babbleon