Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 1997 08:06:53 -0800
From:      Fred Gilham <gilham@csl.sri.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A cool xterm?

Randal Hopper wrote:
  Charles Henrich:
   |Has anyone out there ever found a nice terminal window, something
   |like Dec's mterm, or ssh for windows, or even better, NeXT's
   |terminal?  Xterm is peachy, except the scrollback just sucks :)

Rebuilt the color_xterm port linking with Xaw3d instead of Xaw, and the
scrollbar's much better.  Like the menus better too.  ...with these resources:

I'm wondering what this means.  Is it that people don't like the fact
that the scrollbar works the way it does?  Or is it that they don't
like the way it looks?  What exactly is wrong with the scrollbar?

To put my own oar in the water, I'll say that the original Athena
scrollbar is the only scrollbar I've seen with a decent user
interface.  Once you get used to it, anything else is harder to use.
I hope there's always a scrollbar around with the Athena user
interface.

-Fred Gilham   gilham@csl.sri.com