Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 1997 15:23:53 -0500
From:      "Steve Sims" <SimsS@IBM.Net>
To:        "HOSOKAWA Tatsumi" <hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp>
Cc:        <FreeBSD-Mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 2.2-BETA PC-card installer test release

I've got a "LinkSys Combo PCMCIA" Ethernet card.

It emulates an NE-2000 perfectly, but this card fails initialization because
the PAO floppy doesn't know that it's a "virtual NE clone".

What do I have to forward to you to get this card recognized?

Second question:
I've tried various flavors of the PAO floppy on a couple of different Compaq
Laptops; a Contura Aero 4/33 and a LTE/Elite P-75.  Both fail the sio probe
miserably.  With whom should I coordinate to get Compaq's (proprietary, I
assume) SIO's to work with FreeBSD?

...sjs...