Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 1997 11:32:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        mpp@freefall.freebsd.org, freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail.local modifications?

> As Charles Henrich wrote:
>
> > Okay here is the correct patch.  This is the same one I've been running for

> > years, so unless I had a complete brain fart, it works wonderful.  Everyone
> > please review and commit asap, thanks!
>
> Charles, you'd really make our work easier by using a consistent
> style, and adhering to style(9) wherever it makes sense.  As it was,
> it took just another 15 minutes for somebody else to walk over your
> patch, where you could have done it without any additional effort in
> the first place.

How does it take 15 minutes to type "cts<tab><esc>" on about 10 lines?

> +        /*
> +         * Now that the box is created and permissions are
> +         * correct, we close it and go back to the top so that
> +         * we will come in and write as the user.  We don't
> +         * seteuid() before the above open, because we have to
> +         * be root/bin to write in /var/mail.

Why remove my name from the comment?  I dont know about you, but isnt it nice
to be able to go back and find the moron (i.e. in this case me) who broke this
particular piece of code and ask them for the details of why?

-Crh

       Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@msu.edu

                         http://pilot.msu.edu/~henrich