Date:      Sun, 9 Mar 1997 23:36:17 -0700
From:      "John Messenger" <anasazi@cyberport.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   APATIFLP.BAT

In your doucumaentaion  for freebsd realease 2.1.5 you clearly state that
you cannot use a standard boot disk if you have an IDE CD-ROM.  and you
further state that you must use the atapiflp.bat file found in the
cdrom\floppies\ directory.  But you did not supply me with the file you
specifically said I would need. in other words it is not on either of the
cdroms nor can it be found anywhere on either your web site or your ftp
site.  As you might have guessed by now I am having difficultly installing
the OS, I have tried copying everyhing over to my other harddrive and
installing from there, I have tried copying the files to the Drive where
the OS will later be installed and installing from there, I have booted
from the boot disk,(that I can't Use) I have booted from dos.  all I get is
errors trying to write to my disk, or errors trying to read the files or
just about anything else.  I am aware that this is a touchy OS and
understand that I am not familiar with it at all, yet, but I would
appreciate it if in the future when you say that I may need to use this or
that if you would then either provide it or at the very least let me know
where to go to get it.
Thanks for listening