Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 1997 11:56:17 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans), hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: getopt and EOF vs -1

In message <199703151833.LAA04505@phaeton.artisoft.com> Terry Lambert writes:
: [ ... -1 instead of manifest EOF, which is -1 ... ]

: > There are about 331 possibilities.  Do you really wish to fix them all?
: > (y or n) :-)

Hmmm, there are only 222 in my tree now, after eliminating the doc
strings, and the irrelevant ones (that is ntp_getopt, or getopt_long).

Also, there appears to be about 10 copies of getopt in the tree in
various places :-(.  One for patch, awk, ptx, cpio, diff, gcc,
texinfo, etc, etc.

There is also a libexec/mail.local/mail.local.c and a
sendmail/contrib/src/mail.local/mail.local.c :-(  I know this because
both have this problem.

: Sending patches to the vendors would be a good start.

That sounds like an excellent plan. :-)

Warner