Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 1997 09:16:20 -0500
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: latest bt848 code

> Is probably more to do with the PCI code than the driver. What I am
> doing is pretty harmless in attach. Besides, the interrupts are
> disabled. I would suspect more the 2940... I got one over here
> and it has given me grief in the past.

I don't know how to explain it.  On my system, the disk controller doesn't
even share the same interrupt, and it's very unlikely that the ethernet
controller was generating 60 interrupts per seconds.  The video card shares
the same interrupt, but I believe it's vertical refresh rate is 68 or 72 Hz.

Anyway, I left it running last night, and the system stayed up.  The capture
stopped somewhere along the way, but started back up again right away when
the window got tweaked.

One that that I have noticed is that the state of brightness, contrast, etc,
seems to be lost whenever the frame capture starts up again after an expose,
resize, etc.

I'll leave it running today while I'm at work, and see what happens...

louie