Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 1997 11:52:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        kline@tera.com, imdave@synet.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: fonts with .bdf extension

According to Doug White:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, Gary Kline wrote:
>
> > 		Sorry for straying so far from the original
> > 		topic; this is a good time to ask.  Do we have
> > 		an SGML viewer for FreeBSD?
>
> You can't really "view" SGML since it's a generic markup language with a
> non-specific rendering.  You can take SGML and convert it to say, HTML or
> PostScript using 'sgmlfmt' (or is it 'instant'?  I'm out of date) and view
> that.
>
> 2.2-RELEASE should be able to build these properly.

	The reason I brought this up is that many months back I
	asked on the sgml newsgroup if there was any such viewer
	for Unix, and one gentleman said that his company was
	writing one for Windose.  He was looking for beta-testers.
	I had 0.0 interest in that.

	But if something can take SGML and cvt it to PS, that's a
	win.  Also, if/when HTML-3.0 is ever implemented, same
	thing.

	Thanks.

	gary kline