Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 1997 08:04:40 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <chris@absinthe.i3inc.com>
To:        gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu, jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: routing to a dialup network

On Mon, 24 Mar 1997 17:18:47 -0800
John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org> wrote:

jmg> actually... with pppd it doesn't support adding a network
jmg> route...  but I happen to have patches to pppd that will allow
jmg> the adding of a net route...  but I've switched to gated in favor
jmg> of my patches...

Could some of you folks who use gated post your gated.conf file? I've
beaten my head against it and kina gotten it to work, despite the www
docs (no explanation, just syntax) and lack of books (covers old
version).

What I need it to do is route to my /28 subnet once my PPP link comes
up, like

	ether	206.27.236.230/28			(my subnet)
	ppp	206.27.236.x -> 206.27.236.x++		(dynamically assigned)

with appropriate subnet masks.

Some examples would really help. Thanks.

jmg> Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)

:-)