Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 1997 01:09:57 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   termcap and color

well...  I was looking through and seeing how xterm-color defined it's
color entries... and I noticed that is uses, Co, Sf, and Sb...  then
I did a man 5 termcap to look up what this did (to make sure they were
what I was looking for), but they aren't listed...

hmm..  interesting...  so then I said..  well I know that ansi.sys
supports color but they weren't listed...  also.. dtterm has a Co set
to 8.. but there isn't a Sf or a Sb listed to set the color...

so:
o)	I add Co, Sf, and Sb to termcap(5)
o)	either dtterm removes Co#8, or we add Sf, Sb to it's entry,
	(I have access to dtterm at school if someone want to send me
	something to test)
o)	add Co, Sf, and Sb to ansi.sys to support color also.

anybody have any problems with the above?

and were/who decided on using Co/Sf/Sb for the color stuff??  (just so
I can look to it/them to make sure it is legit)

thanks for the comments... ttyl...

--
  John-Mark
  Cu Networking                             Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD