Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 1997 10:54:36 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        "Sergey S. Kosyakov" <ks@itp.ac.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP question.

Hi,

> I have Neptune dual-Pentium motheboard. Currently the one P-90 installed.
> FreeBSD-2.2.
> If I install the second P-90 does performance grow ?

some things yes, some things no...  in general its a win.

there is some possibility that
the P-90 (I assumme you mean P5-90) will be a problem.  That vintage
of P5 is from the days when the APIC section was somewhat unstable, and
often required a "matched pair" of CPUs, ie 2 from the same stepping
and rev level.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by