Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 1997 21:15:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        james@nexis.net
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, se@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NCR 53c875 support broken in 2.2.1.

(Sorry, I'm really replying to Jordan quoted by James here....)

 * > Well, I finally stuck the "new freefall" together today (it's
 * > temporarily going by the name of "ripcord.cdrom.com" until we get it
 * > all set up and ready to deploy) and it has an NCR/Symbios 53c875 based
 * > SCSI WIDE card in it, attached to a Quantum Atlas I WIDE drive.  When
 * > I attempted to install 2.2.1, the NCR driver immediately fell over
 * > after probing the drive and started spitting out bits of failed
 * > sequencer commands; I didn't have anything to write them down on at
 * > the time and figured I could always reproduce them on demand later if
 * > need be, so apologies in advance for the lack of detail here (this is
 * > mostly a "heads up" message).

Are you sure that's an Atlas I?  I seem to remember the Quantam Grand
Prix used to have problems with NCR's.  They are both 7200RPM drives,
and have very similar model numbers (4GB versions: Atlas "34300", GP
"34301")....

Satoshi