Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:24:37 -0400
From:      "dcofer1" <dcofer1@ix.netcom.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   File size

I have tried to put the file one the floppy and it wouldn't fit then I
noticed that it is 1.40
and the format on the floppy is only 1.38.  I am currently running Win 95
and thought that I might check out your OS. Is there anyway I can still do
this?  These are excerpts cut and pasted from your WEB page
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html
You can get started by downloading the installation disk as described
below. Booting your computer with disk will provide important information
about compatibility between FreeBSD and your hardware which could dictate
which installation options are possible. It can also provide early clues to
compatibility problems that could prevent FreeBSD running on your system at
all. If you plan on installing via anonymous FTP, then this installation
disk is all you need to download.
2.Download the installation boot disk image file to your hard drive, and be
sure to tell your browser to save rather than display. Note: This disk
image can only be used with 1.44 megabyte 3.5 inch floppy disks.
                                                          Thanks for the
Help
                                                      dcofer1@ix.netcom.com