Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 20:21:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com>
To:        current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Install locks on HP Vectra XU

Hello,

   I've attempted to install from both the 2.2.1-RELEASE and
3.0-CURRENT boot floppies. The boot process locks up with the
cursor in the lower left corner of the screen just before the
1st screen would appear.

   A boot floppy from 2.1.5 seems to work.

   The machine is an HP Vectra XU Pentium @ 133Mhz, 96Meg.

   Since all the components required to boot the machine are available
via the pci bus, I've disabled all the drivers that are not needed, but
this has no effect.

   If anyone has any clues, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
John
--
jwd@unx.sas.com       (w) John W. De Boskey          (919) 677-8000 x6915