Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 21:30:44 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Gary Clark II <gclarkii@main.gbdata.com>
To:        wilko@yedi.iaf.nl (Wilko Bulte)
Cc:        mnewton@newland.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: uucico over ppp connection

Wilko Bulte wrote:
> As malcolm newton wrote...
> > Anyone got this going succesfully.
> > I have a site that will be ppp connected from 8am-8pm only. SO we have
> > to q   mail for the rest of the time. It looks like uucico will work
> > over a tcp connection bye setting tcp in the ports config file.
> >
> > anyone tried it?
With this setup, I don't see why you would need the uucp unless they have
a dynamic address setup.  If they are a static address it should be enough
to just make sure that your mail server hits it queue within that 12 hour
period a couple of times.
And yes, uucp over PPP works just fine.  I've had a MX record for my domain
for years now and stopped doing UUCP over phone about 4 years ago.

Gary

--
Gary Clark II   (N5VMF) |    I speak only for myself and "maybe" my company
gclarkii@GBData.COM     |          Member of the FreeBSD Doc Team