Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 1997 16:21:15 +1000
From:      David Nugent <davidn@unique.usn.blaze.net.au>
To:        Josh Howard <obiwan@zeppelin.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading from 3.0-19970209-SNAP to -current

> Well, I was trying to find a link between Gary Clark's hardware/software and
> mine, but there didn't seem to be one. I've got a 6x86-133, 64megs using IDE,
> he was also using IDE, so, I would hate think this was some massive bug in the
> IDE code.

Actually, this is my suspect as well. I don't even think NFS can
be blamed here. It is set up as an NFS server, but it is rarely
used. I can't imagine that a couple of inactive daemons might
be triggering it (although stranger things have happened :-)).

It might even be a bug that's been there all along, but the lite2
merges have brought it to light.

Come to think of it, all of the other -current machines I run
and work fine are scsi, or in one case, mostly scsi - aha and
aic types. Hmm.

Ok, it looks like only a coredump will tell, and right now that's
a matter of waiting it out. :)