Date:      Sun, 4 May 1997 15:47:07 -0700
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@Kithrup.COM>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI subsystm errors -- help?

In the past week, my computer (which has been amazingly stable) has not been
able to stay up for more than a day and a half :(.

It hangs, while printing console messages from the scsi subsystem -- saying
"sdx(0:y:0): timed out" (sd0 and sd1), and "MBO not free" (or something
similar), and "controller card frozen?!" and other annoying messages.

I've reseated the card (a 1542B), and the connectors for the disks, and even
taken the tape drive and cd-rom drive off the power supply.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be broken?  My best
guesses are the 1542B (which is about 6 or 7 years old) is dying, and/or the
power supply is flaking out.  But I don't know.

I'd prefer not to have to replace the computer, but unless I can figure out
which component is dying, it looks like that's what I'm going to have to do
:(.

Sean.