Date:      Mon, 5 May 1997 21:07:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        ponds!zeta.org.au!bde, ponds!time.cdrom.com!jkh, ponds!barcode.co.il!nadav
Cc:        ponds!FreeBSD.ORG!hackers
Subject:   Re: /usr/include/ftpio.h is not C++ safe

> >Don't pollute new code with the __P() gunge.  It just makes it harder
> >to read and there are no compilers we need to use which do not accept
> >full ANSI prototypes.
>
> Headers in /usr/include should support K&R since they may be used with
> old code.
>
> Bruce

 Yes, I have to agree.

 Jordan expressed concern about putting __P() macros in the header files
he's responsible.

 Since I should either put-up, or shut-up... Jordan, if you'll mail
those to me, I'll be happy to insert them.

	- Dave R. -

p.s. My email should read "ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com" - as is well
    known; it probably doesn't in your mail reader :-)  I'm working
    on that...