Date:      Tue, 6 May 1997 21:14:50 -0700
From:      Scott Blachowicz <scott@sabami.seaslug.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Misc questions upon 2.1.5 -> 2.2.1 upgrade

Hi-

I just upgraded and had a couple of questions...

1) I regenerated my kernel (using /usr/src off of the "live" 2nd CD) and
   now 'uname -a' says I'm running 2.2-STABLE instead of some 2.2.1
   variant.  Presumably, it's OK, but I thought I'd mention it.

2) I'd added firewall support into my previous kernel to play with it and
   into the new one as well.  It looks like the upgrade procedure didn't
   treat /etc/rc.firewall as a site-customizeable file (putting a new copy
   in /etc/upgrade/, overwriting previous version).

3) My first try at the upgrade dropped me into the partition editor screen
   asking me to fill in my old mount points.  Is there any reasonable way
   that those could've been filled in for me?  I had them written down on
   a piece of paper for the second try...

Thanx,
--
Scott Blachowicz  Ph: 206/283-8802x240   Mathsoft (Data Analysis Products Div)
                                         1700 Westlake Ave N #500