Date:      Sun, 1 Jun 1997 11:29:30 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        kato@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel Pentium II released

According to Satoshi Asami:
> Is it possible to turn it OFF from the kernel?  Then we can at least
> see if it makes any difference....

A sysctl-controlled variable would be nice although I don"t see why anyone
would want to run without this feature :-)

Has anyone tried to use the MMX registers to "emulate" the FPU-based
bcopy/bzero/copyin/out routines ? The K6 is said to be a fast MMX
processor...

I have no documentation on both the assembler syntax (well, maybe somewhere
deeply buried) and the MMX registers so it is difficult for me to try it.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: There are no limits -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #10: Fri May 23 22:47:39 CEST 1997