Date:      Sat, 7 Jun 1997 16:39:06 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        michaelv@MindBender.serv.net (Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com)
Cc:        stefan@exis.net, pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co, jdd@vbc.net, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Exchange vs. Notes

Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com stands accused of saying:

> OK, so enough for the Exchange commercial.  Suffice it to say that
> even if you don't take me seriously as saying it is _the_ most
> powerful messaging platform on the planet, it truly is _one_of_ the
> most powerful.

So where can we grab the source from to validate your claims, check
for security holes, or make variances between what you think we want
and we want for ourselves?

Exchange may be the most wonderful (or profitable?) thing you've ever
worked on, but from my POV it loses on every count.  No source, no
portability, not useful.

FWIW, we microwaved a whole set of MS BO disks last night, to christen
the new microwave in a friend's office.  He's planning on putting them
in the same drawer as the Asia-Pacific NT developers' conference Tshirt
that he wore while stripping and rebuilding the engine in his car
this summer.

Until MS are willing to play the right game, small ISVs like us are
just going to keep ignoring them.  I suspect that they really don't
care, but I certainly feel no need to be polite about them in
return. 8)

*grumble*