Date:      Tue, 01 Jul 1997 09:17:45 -0700
From:      "David E. Tweten" <tweten@ns.frihet.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86 on NEC 6030X -- Minor Problems

For the most part, putting XFree86 3.3 on my NEC 6030X, running FreeBSD RELENG_2_2 from a week ago, was a smooth process.  Some fiddling was required to get the right mix of XF86Config ingredients from the XF86Setup program, from a friend's Linux XF86Config, and from the XF86Config from my tower machine, but things look pretty good now.

There are two lingering problems:

1)  When I log out, and until xdm displays the login widget, a 1/2 inch strip of colorful garbage replaces the hounds tooth pattern at the top of the display.  When the login widget appears, the garbage goes away.

2)  The "Suspend Button" no longer puts it to sleep.  Other parts of the power management package still work.  The screen blanks after a period of no use.  The hard disk spins up and down as appropriate.  Before I installed XFree86 suspend worked, but no more.

Oh.  I should point out that I haven't installed any of the PAO stuff.  Since the standard release contains some power control and PCMCIA stuff, I figured to hold off on PAO until I found something the vanilla release couldn't do.

Does anybody have any helpful ideas?
--
David E. Tweten            |  2047-bit PGP fingerprint:   |   tweten@frihet.com
12141 Atrium Drive         |   E9 59 E7 5C 6B 88 B8 90    |      tweten@and.com