Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 1997 20:25:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq ProLiant systems -- problems?

My group is about to spend a substantial amount of money on some new
servers, and the Compaq ProLiant 2500 (#?) has been recommended to
us.  These machines will, of course, run FreeBSD 2.2.  Does anyone out
there have experience with these machines, and if so did you encounter
any problems that would keep us from being able to use them in
``mission-critical'' applications (e.g., the Lab-wide mail, news, DNS,
print, and Kerberos servers)?

-GAWollman