Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 19:23:57 +0300
From:      Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PROXY ARP

From: Danny Braniss <danny@sexta.cs.huji.ac.il>

hello all,
	I guess this is more a Net/3 item but ...

	I'm trying to set up a host with 2 NICS, and want it to act as
a proxy arp gateway/router (I think the term is L2-Bridging?).

	Looking at the kernel sources, i see that FreeBsd has fix so
as not to send  ARP Reply to the 'wrong' interface, but there are,
IMHO, some other problems.

	Since im not sure this is the correct forum, if someone out
there is willing  to hear me out, i'll be much oblidged.

	danny

--
Daniel Braniss					e-mail: danny@cs.huji.ac.il
Institute of Computer Science			phone:  +972 2 658 4385