Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 13:05:22 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdhack@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: speed test

this one goes to chat... (from hackers)

> > numbers are Mbyt/sec. can anyone beat those tx97-e speeds?
> root@beast-> dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/null bs=1m count=1000
> 1000+0 records in
> 1000+0 records out
> 1048576000 bytes transferred in 6 secs (174762666 bytes/sec)

*gasp*

> OK, so I had to go to an ALPHA to do it. ;-)

which alpha?

c'mon jordan, his is not alt.tasteless.freebsd.hackers :PPPPPPPPPPPP

now i have to find someone with Onux2 InfiniteReality Monster or whatever
the highend station from that series is called...

please, someone, wipe that smile from his face with something much
higher numbers... anyone?

uh, let me re-phrase, can anyone get past that 151,4Mbyt/sec with x86 tech?
(it was average, highest i saw was somewhere in the 153M class)

actually, now that i think about it, the alpha is not that much faster at all,
i have to say i might be even dissapointed to see such a slow stat from
a machine costing multiple times the tx97-e motherboard...

*poke*

> 					Jordan

mickey