Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 21:34:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Missing/Bad library during X install

Hi,

   I just tried installing X on a machine that I haven't used for awhile,
but ran into a missing library while trying to run XF86Setup:

libtcl.so.75.1

   Oh no... I think... lot's of tcl stuff going on... Well, I simlinked
what I thought might work:

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root  bin        17 Aug 13 11:08 libtcl.so.75.1 -> ./libtcl80.so.1.2

   Well, XF86Setup started to come up, and then locked... reboot time..

   Does anyone have any quick ideas? I don't really want to rebuild the entire
X distribution to bring the library usage up to date...

Thanks,
John

--
jwd@unx.sas.com       (w) John W. De Boskey          (919) 677-8000 x6915