Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 1997 11:46:54 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        Sean Eric Fagan <sef@Kithrup.COM>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: shared libraries?

Sean Eric Fagan writes:
> 1.  the position-independent code is much worse, performance- and size-wise,
> than the non-PIC versions.  On the x86, this is almost worst case, because
> of the lack of general-purpose registers.

Correct me if I am wrong (and you most undoubtedly will), but isn't
this counter-intuitive to almost every other architechure out there?
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

"What's so special about the Net? People -still- don't listen..."
                                                   -The Unknown Drummer