Date:      Tue, 2 Sep 1997 03:52:30 +0200
From:      "Ronny Jordalen" <Ronny.Jordalen@econ.uib.no>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Ls 120 booting problems

Hi, and help(!) :)

I just recently bought a new computer, and amongst other things I went for
the ls-120 drive. However, it seems the silly thing won't boot the FreeBSD
floppy!

I'm using an Asus TX 97E main board, with bios support for booting from
ls120/zip-drives.

What happens when I boot the FreeBSD-disk, the familar boot options appear
(wd(0,a)kernel, fd(0,a)kernel etc), but when I just press enter, the floppy
disk starts working but can't find no kernel image. I know the disk is
working on a different machine.

The LS-120 is connected to my primary ide-interface as slave. I'm not sure
what FreeBSD would call that in the boot-menu? And would it be possible to
find the kernel image on the disk if it was referred to as an ide-device?
What would it be called? wd(0,b)? Or wd(1,a)?

As I upgraded from a laptop computer, I have no spare floppy drives lying
about, so basically I'm stuck now with Windows. ,-)

Thanks,

Ronny Jordalen