Date:      Tue, 2 Sep 1997 20:52:58 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@freebie.dcfinc.com>
To:        chad@dcfinc.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world works  :-)

> I CVsup'd src-all under RELENG_2_1_0 yesterday.  I typed make world, and
> 9 hours later I had a new system.

And building a new kernel and bringing it online took another 14 minutes.

BTW, can we think of some string for "uname -v" that indicates where we are
in the continum of -STABLE ?

I mean, "FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE #0: Tue Sep  2 11:57:44 MST 1997
  chad@freefall.anasazi.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/FREEFALL" doesn't tell
anything other than it is some kind of 2.1-stable and when I last
compiled the kernel.  Perhaps that intriguing '0' after the octathorp
could start incrementing.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)                          Brother, can you paradigm?
602-870-3330    chad@anasazi.com     chad@anasaz.UUCP      chad@dcfinc.com