Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 1997 15:13:22 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Testimonial

As Peter Korsten wrote:

> I'm not sure, but I think c't means something like 'Computer-Technik'
> - though they'd normally say 'Komputer'. Perhaps I should check.

No German i've ever seen would spell it with a K.

> You could also learn German. :) You'd only have get to get used to
> the rather typical German habit of translating every computer-
> related word.

Hey, c'mon.  The slavic languages translate way more stuff. :-) Or at
least, they spell it how it's spoken.  One of the weirst things i've
seen 10 years ago was the Russian spelling of BASIC.  German is now
actually swamped by English vocabulary, not only in the computer
language.  It's already beginning to be embarassing, and English is
quite often now called `Neudeutsch'.

--
cheers, J"org