Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 23:34:19 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        hoek@hwcn.org
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, jamie@itribe.net, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Memory leak in getservbyXXX?

> > When someone isn't wearing a seatbelt, and they get into an accident,
> > and they die, average human intelligence goes up.  Only an idiot
>
> And the genetic diversity of our species decreases, reducing our
> species's ability to resist various plagues and what-not.

Morons are more prolific, mostly because they don't think about the
consequences of their actions.  They're also much more efficient disease
vectors, for the same reason.

I guess it's possible that a larger group of more diverse people with
60 I.Q.'s could come up with a vaccine for the next epidemic... sort
of the "million monkeys at typewriters" applied to biochemistry.

But I kind of doubt it, somehow.  8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---