Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 23:54:30 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: C++ to C convertor??

Kyle Mestery writes:
 > [about GCC vs. StrongARM]
 > They do support the StrongARM, both NetBSD and gcc.  The problem lies in
 > the fact that my company is on the bleeding edge of all of this.  We have
 > an ebsa285 eval board, which has not only a StronARM, but also a
 > footbridge chip, the 21285 core Logic.  The problem is, the compiler DEC
 > ships supports only C and a mangled assembly for the ARM that is different
 > than the GNU assembly.  We will have a c++ compiler from WindRiver in Dec,
 > but until then we would like to find a converter.  We are looking into
 > Comeau Computing's converter, as it is the only thing I have found so far.

Ah.  If you poke around in the 'target' files, you may find one for the
Archimedes load format.  In the meantime, couldn't you prototype some of
your code just using GCC on FreeBSD?  I've found this handy; both the
HTTP and DNS servers in the InternetStation were prototyped on FreeBSD
before being ported to VxWorks.