Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 1997 22:48:34 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        brandon@roguetrader.com (Brandon Gillespie)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: where to place new crypt() files?

> Currently, we maintain two seperate copies of the crypt library files,
> specifically at:

[ ... ]

> This is mainly because in the current code, the actual crypt() function
> varies.  My new code wraps this, however, and calls sub-functions based
> off which crypt modules are available (i.e. crypt_des(), crypt_md5(),
> etc), so the tree is now:

[ ... ]

> Any suggestions?

Yes.  You live in Logan, Utah, so you can't export it, so only the
pieces not dealing with the crypt code itself can be exported.  For
the crypt code itself, this is not a useful change unless you can
get the crypt people (in South Africa) to write to your framework.

Crypt is such an archaic pain because it's impossible to really
collaborate on it without breaking most countries munitions laws.
8-(.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---